Comment on page
- From the start of the game, you can see nine special inventory slots, called your "hotbar", but you also have more slots which are normally hidden.
- As you pick up items, the first few appear in your hotbar slots, but once those are full, they go into the 27 slots of your main inventory.
- At any given time, one of your hotbar slots is "selected", and the item in that slot is considered to be "in hand". You can click left or right to interact with what is in your hand (usually the left button tends to destroy, and the right button tends to interact)
- You can press keys 1 through 9 (or use a mouse-wheel if you have one) to choose which hotbar slot is active, thus you can quickly switch among up to 9 handy tools or other items.
- To get at the rest of your slots (and the beginnings of crafting), press E to open your personal inventory.
Looking to the right, you can see an image of your inventory screen.
- Area 1 is four slots for any armor you are wearing -- these can each contain only an appropriate armor piece, for helmet, chest, legs, or feet.
- Area 2 is a little image of your character, showing their current appearance.
- Area 3 is your "offhand slot". In general, you can "use" any item in your offhand, as long as neither the item in your main hand nor the block you are looking at has a "use" feature.
- Area 4 is a 2×2 arrangement of squares. This is your inventory crafting grid. Here you can take some of the items you've collected and turn them into new items.
- Area 5 is the Recipe Book icon, which provides assistance with remembering and using crafting recipes (see its page for full details).
- Area 6 is your main inventory. You can drag items around from these slots to your hotbar and back.
- Area 7 is still your hotbar
The synthesis grid in the inventory can only be used for the most basic synthesis
If you want to craft more items, you need a "workbench"
How to make a "workbench"?
- 1.Find any tree and destroy it with your bare hands or with a tool to get a "log".
- 2.Take a single log of wood and put it in the crafting grid. The output slot then shows a stack of four matching wooden planks, which you can then take.
- 3.The output slot then shows a crafting table, which you should take
- 4.Put on your hotbar, and place down in the world to begin more advanced crafting.
- 5.Having placed the table, you can right-click on it to open a UI similar to your inventory, but with a 3×3 crafting grid. This lets you do many more recipes.
Here is a list of how the most common and important tools are synthesized:
The 💗 icon on the left is your health. The right 🍗 is your satiety
- When hunger is at 18(less than 9🍗),your health regenerates. If it falls to 6🍗(less than 3🍗), you lose the ability to sprint. If the hunger bar is at zero(0🍗), your health depletes.
- The primary drain on hunger is from healing damage, and for quite some time, eating is your only way to heal damage! Fighting, sprinting, and jumping are also energy-intensive.